Thursday, December 31, 2009

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I became a mommy to a perfect little girl.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope. And yeah, I probably will...even though I never keep them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah! I gave birth to Reagan, my cousin gave birth to Austin, another cousin's wife gave birth to Hudson, and another cousin gave birth to Drew.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my Grandma and my Uncle Bill.

5. What countries did you visit?
This year, I stayed home with my babies, and never even got out of Kansas City. We sent Anthony back home to Ireland for a visit all by himself.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More financial security, a cleaner house (and a maid LOL), and more patience with my kids.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Easy. May 15, 2009...Reagan Elisabeth Siobhan Breen was born! :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to juggle the demands of having two little ones who need so much of my time and attention, while still giving each of them the one-on-one time that they need.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't keep on top of housework and laundry to save my life.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, although the last trimester of my pregnancy was pretty rough. And of course, I had a C-Section.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
All things pink! Shopping for little girl clothes makes me very, very happy!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Eoin! He has demonstrated such kindness and love toward his new little sister, and has handled the transition from being an only child to being a big brother with such grace! I'm so proud of him!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Our Congressmen and Senators.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, diapers, food, gas, utilities...I don't know, but it seems to just slip through our fingers these days.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
January 2, 2009....the day we found out we were having a little GIRL!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Twinkle twinkle little star...it's by far Reagan's favorite!

17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? happier
b. thinner or fatter? thinner, I'm not pregnant! LOL
c. richer or poorer? poorer, but it's totally worth it!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
working out. organizing. keeping in touch with my friends. praying for my husband and kids.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
arguing over stupid stuff and worrying about things I can't control

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We were snowed in with a blizzard, so we spent the entire day at home...Anthony, Eoin, Reagan, my mom and I...it was so nice. We opened gifts in the morning, then had some snacks and appetizers, followed later by an impromptu Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. I even learned how to make a proper Irish Roasted Potato.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Anthony :X

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes...with Reagan! And my love for Anthony and Eoin continues to grow deeper with each passing year. Adding to our family only increased my love for all of them.

23. How many one-night stands?
Sorry, there's only one man for me. And he's married. To me.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, and Gavin and Stacey

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
nope

26. What was the best book you read?
"The Next Thing on My List" by Jill Smolinski

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jack's Big Music Show?

28. What did you want and get?
a Sonicare toothbrush!

29. What did you want and not get?
paid maternity leave, and a size 6 figure.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Julie and Julia

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 39, and I was 38 weeks pregnant. I was contracting every 5 minutes, so I got all excited. Mom, Anthony, Eoin and I went out to eat dinner at Chili's...for one last hurrah before I went in to the hospital. But alas...as I sat there eating dinner, the contractions stopped, and my dreams of a shared birthday with my daughter were dashed.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If our money situation hadn't been so tight.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Stretched out, faded maternity clothes and other assorted clothes that don't fit right anymore.

34. What kept you sane?
My girlfriends. I have some very great friends who I know are praying for me, lifting me up, and holding me accountable.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
"bail outs" and healthcare reform; the devaluing of the dollar

36. Who did you miss?
my dad...every day.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Reagan, obviously.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
I'm not always right, even when I think I am.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink"--The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment